Thursday, July 28, 2022

2022-7-28

Do all parent volunteers in sports clubs work full-time somewhere? Such chaos in the soccer club this year, practice starting next week but feels like most parent coaches still heads in the cloud, no idea what they are doing... 

Shiva team's assistant coach just volunteered now after I sent out the new season starting off email, he will need at least a whole week to finish a bunch of online courses, fingerprint, background checks and all that... Aditi team's assistant coach, I thought he got it, then I called him, he had absolutely no clue what's been happening, hadn't logged in anywhere, no registration done, nothing, didn't even know practice starting next week... I guess most parents are still in the summer break mode...

I just spent a full few days, slowly progressing with my "good coach" safety courses. Finally today I got time to reach out to Shiva's team, notified all families about the season, and compiled their contact info together. Still need a few hours to do that for Aditi's team. Then I will use the next few days to plan out both teams' practices as well as collect field equipment and balls. The first practice is on Monday!... 

Who said this is Not A Full-Time Job?!

Whilst Chinese people are spending so much time online, doing nothing! Why can't they come out and volunteer more... Whenever I post some video talking in Mandarin, the viewing hours are always long, significantly long. I guess a lot of Chinese do sit down and finish listening to whatever heck that I am talking about. No wonder so many Chinese online commentators could just open a live cam, keep speaking speaking and speaking, and make a living out of it!  

I should make more random chatting videos in Mandarin lol... Whatever revenue I get, goes to TM for the Tanzanian women and babies. Why not, whenever some topic pops up in my mind, I will just talk it out! After all these years, I found that Chinese people are very into such direct communications. Feels like I am directly talking to them I guess. No preparation, no editing, whatever it's on your mind, based solely on your past experience and knowledge. Yum, raw!  

And how come they are always online and watching so many videos! Get out there and do some social work!!

Anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment