Friday, April 30, 2021

Butterfly


 the brief moment you landed on me

with that dashing violet and dazzling sapphire painted on your wings

for the longest time, I thought it was a fairy with her sparkler

shielding my sight to the sky, I was shaken in awes


I wish I could show you flower when blooming

to let you feed on my nectar, to carry your pollen

but I can't, can I?


the segments in me, they are thickening and sweetening 

soon, children of the garden are gonna pick me 

to be their afternoon delight

this tiny mandarine on the branch 

thus be fulfilled 


how breathtaking are the invisible webs of fate

the most thrilling way of entanglement

this tiny branch of the mandarine

however you do not belong 


I try my best to let out enough sweetness

enough to set you free

embark in the fresh summer wind 

glide into the season that you're part of


rainbow-hues daisies, sun-loving salvias, forever-daring dahlias

twilight-smoke lavenders, intoxicating roses, and six-petaled daffodils

...

No comments:

Post a Comment