Thursday, July 28, 2022

The slipper incident..

Suddenly remembered this little incident between me and my daddy friend J.

It happened when we were having a swimming playdate, just J and I, and the two kids obviously. Before we went to the water, Aditi and I came back to the sunbathing beds after changing to swimsuits. I saw my slippers lying on the floor, left and right neatly side by side, both bottoms up. I was like: "Wow... Did I?... Was I?... Must be me magically flipping them to land in such cool positions? Wow... Must be me... Did anybody see that? Woohoo... I am so freaking dang legendary today..." Then I saw my daughter's slippers. "Did I?... Did she?!...Did I?... No... Must be her... She's so freaking legendary today too... Like mommy like daughter..." Aditi's slippers also neatly lay side by side on the floor, both bottom sides up.

Then we swam, two hours later, we took shower, packed everything and were ready to leave. J said a bunch of stuff, one of the sentences was, "You know I like to flip the slippers upside down in the sun so my feet won't be burned." 

"Ya right! Okay, bye! It's a great day playing with you guys, see you next time!"

Five minutes later in the car... 

"What?! Oh my dear goddesses!" I just couldn't close my mouth...  

I told Raj one day, I was like, "See, I've never been with an Asian boyfriend, I mean boyfriend, like in a relationship, but it could be super awesome right? So gentle, so much down to details, all those small things they would do to you..."

Raj just couldn't stop laughing, "It's not all Asians okay? I never saw your family do that! hahaha, definitely some Japanese stuff... Japanese culture... J is surely more Japanese than Chinese! I grew up barefoot! Playing in the mud under the hot summer sun... When your feet are wet after swimming, nothing would feel too hot okay?! hahaha! If some hot slippers could bother you, how can you deal with India after all? hahaha!"

I guess being with such gentle people have a lot of upsides, but I would be forever scared if I am not able to notice the stuff my love does to love me and I keep making him feel that I don't love and value him enough hahahah...

At the end of the day, I will always prefer being able to be very open and straightforward. Shout out whatever is in our minds, discuss, debate, fight, fight with words even fists, then calm down, say sorry and talk about everything. I prefer to never hold back but let out, I prefer someone I am able to share everything with, someone I can always talk to.

Doesn't mean my daddy friend J is not open and straightforward, he is the same as us actually. I always found it super easy to talk to him cause he knows a lot about everything too, Asia, India, history, culture, education, technology... So lucky to have a parent friend with who I could talk about the topics I'm interested in! 

But I will hide my slippers next time when we have a swimming playdate! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment