Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Conversation about Native Spirits

"Why it took you so long to come to bed with me? I've been missing you the whole night."

"I was just brushing teeth and washing face, now kids woke up and they need breakfast."

"Just lie down here with me for 10 minutes!"

"Okay okay. You know what happened to me today at 4am?"

"What happened?"

"I dreamt about the spirits here. I think it was one, or two, I don't remember too clearly, but I went inside her place, I was waiting for some information from them, I needed help. I saw their place, not good at all, they are not having a good life at all."

"Oh? The spirits here? Why not good life?"

"Ya the spirits here in this land. Imagine it, before the Europeans wiped out indigenous cultures, the local people here must be living together with the spirits. If you know a little bit about native culture, they have spirits for wind, for water, for sun, for moon, for animals, for plants, for four directions and all. Like you told me before right, native cultures anywhere in the world, respect their own lands and live in balance with nature, either in Africa, the continent of America, India or Asia anywhere. They did not over kill their animals, they did not over kill their plants. And as we are familiar with our own cultures, either Chinese or Indian, spirits are in every being, each tree, each river, each stream, each mountain. Like in Japanese culture, each house has its own house spirit to protect the house and people in it, so you have to announce the arrival and departure to and from the house each time, they still do it. Chinese had very similar culture before CCP, I think it was a common Asian culture, but Japanese did carry it through."

"Yes, I understand. So you are connected to the spirits now?"

"Yes I do. I have always been hyper connected with the different worlds, I kind of always knew it, remember how magical it was when we had our two children? The difference is, now especially after this Indian trip, I can consciously face it without any self doubt, hesitation and I feel very peaceful, natural and real within."

"That's why I follow you for everything. I listen to what you have to say always, no? I always know you are different in this way. It's great that you are connected to spirits, maybe you could ask them if we are in the right track? And you should do more meditation, in that way you can hear more and see more."

"Ya, meditation is what I really want to do more from now. And ya, I'll always discuss with you what I encounter and realize. So go back to the spirits I saw today, they are not in good shape you know."

"So you feeling sad?"

"Ya, a little bit, but we have always known it right? Their cultures wiped out, their people killed, their lands looted. They lived here for thousands of years, some of the tribes were very advanced. Basically the spirits exist for a reason right? In India, the system is perfect for all deity beings, everyone is believing in something - gods, goddesses, spirits of trees, animals, rivers, mountains, a lot of times underworld deities and villains are worshipped too. You do not need to worship every being yourself but once you are in the land of India, you subconsciously know that all beings are respected and valued. Like in ancient China or Japan right? We worship river spirits as River Gods, ocean spirits as Dragon Kings, in the house we worship Kitchen God, Caishen, King Yan, the spirits of ancestors and all. Because we value all of the spirits, the spirits are having a good life in our cultures. They co-exist with us as our own reflection okay? But the spirits here in this land at this moment, they are undervalued, unrepresented, ignored and most disheartenedly, forgotten."

"I'm sorry that you can feel them, I mean I feel sad for them too. It's so magical that you are this way.... You know what, next time we should stay in the Himalayas for two weeks, rent a little house there, you felt the presence of Shiva when in the Himalayas right?"

"Ya, we should surely do that. But human beings like me are not a rare thing okay? In Indian culture you regard intellectual human beings as half deities because of the knowledge they possess, I forgot where I got that information, somehow I got to know this time. And enlightenment does mean normal people achieve the state of knowing through meditation and learning. I think the knowledge I possess does have a positive correlation to what kind of connection I observe myself making, because knowledge opens up your mind and eyes. The divine beings have always been there, the difference is how open your mind is and how wide do your eyes open. I couldn't stress enough how precious India is, the only ancient culture that survived as a complete nation state. Ancient cultures all had strong connections to nature and valued the balance of nature, they all deeply respected feminine power, they all worshipped the presence of multiple types of divine beings, in huge contrast to Abrahamic religions whose legacies are mostly about expansion, destruction, and conversion. Nature for them is merely a resource for further expansion and feminine power is utterly suppressed and undervalued. I just love India so munch."

"And I love you so much. Let's go stay in the Himalayas for two weeks next time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment