Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Mahadev


 Om Mahadev

my past, my future

my memory, my consciousness

from you  I came, to you  I will go


was I a petal you fondled in the morning mist of spring

or a raindrop in a monsoon afternoon landed on your eyelid

did I run into your feet in an autumn dusk escaping a fox chase

or did I melt on your palms in the first snow at the foot of the Himalayas


what I truly am

is an emanation of you

like rays from star and waves from ocean


Om Mahadev

I touched your face in the icy spring from Himalayas

I heard your lips kissing my hair inside the Mahadeva temple

I looked into your eyes in the twirling smoke dancing above lingam

you caressed my forehead leaving a third eye

when I believed loneliness was one's only destiny


now I see, now I comprehend!

the instant after you impregnated me

wrapped up in our bare embraces

you revealed yourself and comforted me

"have no fear"

our son has been called your name since


you came into me again when I visited you with Nandi

Vasuki later whispered me the secret about our little black cobra 

seven mother goddesses were sent by you, isn't?

to a devastated land where you too exiled

to guard me from harm


Om Mahadev

you are kindness, you are love

you are in my eyes when my tears drop

you never left my mind when I drift around

you entwine my soul whenever I feel hurt and down


you are in me as I am in you

you wait for my return as I wait for you under the crescent moonlight

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment