Thursday, July 29, 2021

Sandy Lerner





What a legendary woman! I am completely awed by her strength and wisdom. 

I believe what she experienced while growing up back then, that degree of sexism and sexual discrimination in both subtle and coarse ways, led to the most regrettable moment in her life - “leaving me out of it”. A decision led by impulsive thought processes that were baked up unconsciously over the years under a fundamentally hostile environment for women. Deep down, self-confidence and reassurance were slowly stripped away without noticing. 

I believe what she did after Cisco was all highly related to or directly resulted from the Cisco trauma - realizing her powers as a woman, making loud noises, as a woman. 

We are able to understand this now, only because things have changed drastically for women, we have landed in a somewhat completely different landscape. [ Or not? ] 

As we are pushing forward on this path, I believe what’s equally, even more, important to unleashing the inner strength of women, is the “fundamental fairness and decency of men”. Why? Because from the beginning till now, men have always been the dominant force of human beings. 

And of course, there are many dimensions to her story, one lesson for all of the new entrepreneurs: Never let the investors take over what you built! Actually, in today’s entrepreneurial world, that piece of knowledge has already been carved into the foundation stones, thanks to the predecessors who had suffered. 



Sandy: “You know I’ve already decided my epitaph that has one word on it, what do you think it is?” 

Guy: “I don’t know. I have no idea…” 

Sandy: “Bold. Bold.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment