Friday, July 23, 2021

Bird

There was not a little blue, a layer of dust on top of a layer of smoke, mustard yellow dissolved into ash gray. Wild sparrows and ravens squealing and squawking from the densely packed trees, sudden soarings pulled them into that layers of pale. 

"I have to face away."  She turned and walked toward the end of the platform, afraid to be seen. The porters moving alongside the green carriages, small steps but fast and heavy. 

The weight of the luggage turned into rhythmic pants, bursting downward with froth, from noses and mouths buried underneath the bags and boxes, together with their 90-degree-bent backs. 

Some engines blew out several horns, one by one, sharp and brief, but asserting. 

Time to go. 

"Contain your tears, contain your mind." She commanded herself as walking further off, clenching her fists. It was quiet, as quiet as to how noisy the surroundings could get. 

Not a sob, not a sniff. Only a wet stain on the white clothes that sticking to her chest, also the baby carrier. 

"He didn't even say goodbye..."



"... vous souhaitent la bienvenue dans ce TGV a destination de..."

Blasts of young people pushing through the platform. She was trying to find him. The backpack was ready, things were packed, all of her things. 

Both of them knew what they were doing, it was never meant for beyond breakfasts. Although he taught her some northern dishes from his hometwon, they're pretty dry and spicy.

An arm grabbed her and wrapped her chest from behind. In a sudden movement, he turned her around, bit into her lips and dived into her mouth. Her whole body was pulled and locked on his. 

People passing by with smiles and giggles.

"Did you miss me?" He whispered in her ears. 

She didn't make a sound, just leaned on his chest and smiled. 

Bruges was beautiful, as beautiful as Paris, and Antwerp. 

But it's time to go. She waved at the airplane. 

It's time to go. 

Wiped her tears.

She didn't take even one of his photos. 



On top of the stairs, the escalator was making a rumbling noise.

He wanted to say something but hesitated. Just pulled her to his chest. 

"Thank you..." 

"Be safe. Send me a text." 

She crawled up into her bed, didn't know what to think. 

"Where have you been? You missed the party!" 

He stepped into the room, leaned down, rested his lips on her forehead.

So gentle she suddenly freshened up.

"Farewell, my pretty girl. Be well. I love you."



“I'll wait for you. Come back to me in 2 years."

"I don't know what will be after Istanbul, I wanna see the world..."


"I'll wait for you.  When will you be coming back?"

"I don't know what will be after this, now I've seen the world..."


"I'll wait for you. Are you still coming back, just to see me again maybe?"

"I'm sorry..."


No comments:

Post a Comment