Sunday, January 8, 2023

Bad at long term planning

Can't believe things moving on so fast. They have now almost reached the final 1-2 weeks of first fundraising round. Many interests, many promising news keep coming. Maybe in a few months' time, things will start to be set up in India already. I know they are going to get it.

Briefly discussed with Raj about the timeline this morning, if things go smoothly, from as early as of late 2024, we might be in India already. Now that I got my Indian green card, there's no major obstacles in this aspect. 

Not sure when we'll tell Leena, at least after all the funds are coming in and Raj starts to be in India a lot to oversee the operations. It's not going to be long term anyways, a year, max two years? It will depend a lot on the kids' education actually. At least I will have Yanyi, Raj and Panda promise to rent houses next to each other.   

Leena and Noah have already made up their mind on where they will grow old and how: the cute house they have now. Have I made up my mind? I have been so busy worrying about my parents, even ten years ago I got Raj to promise me he would take care of my parents since I was the single child. Put a lot of thoughts into getting them here for their old age, had lots of plans, but finally realized they didn't want to be here at all. Was heart broken, but also got a little bit freed from it. Already a drifter, no ties to where I came from and wherever I stayed, and if my parents were also so disappointed so not to be with me, who do I even stay for? Raj would say: "You stay for us! We are your family!" Okay, okay, I will take care of my little ones. The value of my existence mostly depends on the need of me from the others, isn't it?

My mind is a mess when it comes to planning, especially for long term planning. I just don't know and never thought about it. Where do I want to be when I'm so old? I could be in anywhere, literally. When I am freed from worrying about my parents, and my kids can have whatever life they want in wherever because I made enough efforts raising them up, why do I even stay in one place? I will be living in the Himalayas for 3 months, then somewhere in South India, then Taiwan, then maybe Xiamen, if China becomes democratic. 

The problem is my kids are raised up in a stable environment, no major fault. Not like us, from as early as I had memory, people around us constantly thinking about leaving for a better life, leaving the town, leaving the country, leaving the people, leaving the culture. As a result, my kids are not gonna be as adaptable, flexible and wild as us. Let's say they would prefer to stay in America eventually, I would still need to be here to help them out when they are building families. Hence staying some years in India is surely good for them. Shake up their mind a little, add some colors and perspectives into their life. 

Anyways, wish Raj successful in chasing his dreams. Life is dynamic and fun, no? It had never failed to bore us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment