Wednesday, June 15, 2022

France

The photo below? Precisely what I did the four days en sud de la France. Whether it was 30% of us or 80%, I was running with my kids, swimming up and down, sitting on top of a paddle board, or walking around. If there were the presence of Naturists, my pants were immediately off too. 

Raj was like: "You are much more French than all the French I know!" "Et voila, first of all, you don't know any French mon chéri, and also, I am on vacation, alright?" "Or let's just say, you are always like this!" "Well, if you say so Monsieur." "I absolutely love it, this is what I want!!"

I asked Raj: "What if we lived in sud de la France and when we hang out with our friends on the beach like this, you know, like all these French people with their children, friends and families, and some of your friends or family had a problem with me?" "Then I think it's only their problem but not yours, and they can..." "Go fuck themselves?" "Exactly what they should do!" olala...

Let's put it this way, after Europe, the US felt like a cage to me, in regard to women obviously (it's pointless to drag other parts of the world into this discussion). In my opinion, most women here are chained up and domesticated well by this or that kind of religious doctrine and norms. Well, religious preaching is fine with me, but when it's purposefully used as a domestication tool to a certain portion of the population, hell no, I have a huge problem with it. 

In France and most European countries, it's protected by the law that women could be topless anywhere, as long as men are allowed to be. Sexualizing women's body parts is a sin if you live in a modern world. All is only natural. Not the same in the US, not even on beaches. In the US, women's body is highly sexualized and women are still fighting very low-grade battles for body autonomy, like reproduction rights. We can safely say that a significant amount of women here do not have autonomy over their own bodies. There are way too many laws on what women can do or not do to their bodies.  

Two words to describe: Dark Age. Well, at least to me. 

And don't worry, as responsible parents, we went through a thorough discussion as well as research on whether or not "it's good to let kids grow up on topless beaches". Guess what was our conclusion? Much more healthy than forbidding the topics or hiding out, much more healthy for daughters also sons' development of self-awareness and self-esteem. 
  

"You know, after sud de la France, I might change my mind on certain things." "Oh really?" "Oui, et Pourquoi pas? The beaches, the ocean, the beautiful people..." "It's all your choice ok? I am open and supportive to anything." "Yeap, what happens in France, stays in France."

Until next time then!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment