Thursday, April 14, 2022

"In love"

Something worth writing down, my daughter got her first little "lover". "I think he is in love." Coach B told me about his son. Actually, I think he told me even before, I wasn't paying attention. 

"Every time coming back from practice he keeps talking about Aditi. Before going to practice too, he is really excited to meet her. When you went traveling and missed the game, he was so sad Aditi couldn't come. When you were sick and missed the game, he was so sad again, sitting on the bench all by himself."

I was thinking: "That's why you put your son and Aditi in the same group throughout the practice?" I don't have much problem with it, because at this age, how much baseball are they gonna learn right? And I also don't have any problem with the little 5-year-old cute boy who keeps talking to Aditi in her ears. It's ok that she gets to make a friend and all that attention. I just need to keep reminding them to pay attention to instructions. 

What is so cute to me is that daddy respects his son's emotions, encourages them, and intentionally helps him with that. If we could all get that kind of daddy love as daughters or sons, we might end up making better choices in life. 

Aditi came to me and told me: "He said this and that and this and that, and poop..." A girl who loves potty jokes, whoever boy wouldn't be in love right?

Went back to our team photo, to my surprise, Coach B's boy was standing right in front of me. My daughter was standing right in front of Coach B. I don't think at that time we knew who was who at all. 


To be honest, I just really love all of the kiddos that show up in my life. I have this intense feeling of motherly love overflowing from my heart, for each and every child that I know... Just can't help it... I could do anything to protect and help them. Maybe Coach B also feels this way about the kiddos. 

Walking on this Earth, for sure some of us will find our paths entangled. It's immense luck. I cherish it, always.

But love, what does 5-year-old know about love? 

I wish they stay as long as they can, being ignorant about love. All different kinds of love. Not knowing what's love from either responsibility, random encounters, or soul searching. 

Just a little longer, until they couldn't contain anymore the desire to seek, pounding on their hearts.  

One day they will surely go down the same path as we all, there will be heartaches and tears, sleepless nights, and haunting dreams, no matter what choices they make. 

But what can I say? It's us, it's life. 

Just stay a little longer with me, my innocent little baby who knows no pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment