Monday, February 8, 2021

Why I'm a Feminist?

I'm a hard-core feminist, I have never hesitated to announce it to my friends and family, strangers in the bar, and the vast internet. 

Feminist and feminism, a term being so twisted by the society that still deeply poisoned by patriarchal mindsets, never stopped being relevant to the progress and prosperity of society and humanity. Even after 200-300 years when it was first established. 

Why? Because women today still being systemically discriminated against, widely harassed and their rights of being an equally important individual constantly violated. 

I was sexually violated at the age of 8, then 12, then 27. Those are major violations that changed my personality and surely the course of my life. Small day-to-day violations are just uncountable... 

I'm 36 now, my old scars left me easily stressed and agitated, and I found myself worrying about being raped or harassed constantly, no matter what I do, where I go, or who I'm with. 

Some trust once was lost, was lost for good. 

And all the women I know, had been sexually harassed in one way or another. You heard it right - ALL The women I know in person. The majority of them had a changed personality or temperament because of the severity of the violation. 

My stories compared to what some of them had been through (rape, attempted rape, forced intercourse, violence, physical and emotional abuse...) almost sound like nothing. 

But I sure went through a dark full 10 years to recover from my violations before my formative years. It was surely a decade filled with fear, doubts, nightmares, screaming, and tears. 

Now you see me openly talking about feminism, sexual violence and all that, because I'm fully recovered. You don't see them talking about their stories, because they might never be recovered. 

So tell me why we don't still need feminism in this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment