Wednesday, May 29, 2024

#taiwan

When I was growing up, a lot of Chinese had a glimpse of hope that one day, China would be like Hong Kong, free and prosperous. As our now new dictator consolidated enough power and single-handedly crashed Hong Kong, the brightest pearl in the East, to the ground, in a matter of a few years, that hope has been dashed. 

Now his dirty hands are moving onto Taiwan, it is to my deepest belief that the day he lifts his fingers is also the day of his last day, the day of their regime's last day. 

No matter how torn and slaughtered we are, I refuse to give in. I refuse to sink down into the melancholy they set path for us, I refuse to withdraw to the "defeated side" they designed for us, I refuse to lose hope that myself and my children will see a democratic and free China one day. Because I have tasted the divine flavor of freedom and hence I have grown stronger. Just like how Taiwan has grown stronger. 

Over our dead bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment