Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Money

So happy to hear that D's relative got released from hospital and now in home. It's not really her relative but some labor boy from neighboring village who worked his whole life as a help for D's family. Now he's old and torn, in the hospital lacking $1000 fee for being discharged.

I was like "ya, let's make a Gofundme page for him, ask your nephew to make some raw video of him". After few days, the video came from Tanzanian countryside, he couldn't even speak properly, because of illiteracy and old age, light was dim, video was blur... 

I was really not having enough time, preparing fundraising for TM and my kids' education and all that. Then I just told D, ya I will just help you. 

Parents gave Shiva Aditi $1000 cash for Chinese new year, money just lying there. Was thinking about drinking more coffees and getting more random second-hand books from library. Told D 500$, but when I went to Berkeley to meet her, I gave her $800, everything that's left at that time. I will just not buy random second-hand books for some time...

Didn't tell Raj, because he wouldn't even notice lol! Also because I already cut a deal with him to support TM to buy an ambulance. Considering this one being my parents' generosity to the world, without them knowing. They think all charities are psychos. In fact, they truly believe I am a psycho.

My parents asked me: you give so much everywhere, why you don't help China? I was like: because in China there's no reliable NGOs! 

How strange the world is, for some people, a few hundred dollars is life and death, for some people, just coffee cups and books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment