Friday, January 7, 2022

Omicron Diary 武漢肺炎變異株 Omicron 日記

Jan 6th, 2022

Omicron explosion... both my children's classes had an Individual with positive test results after being in the class.... on Wednesday I was there with the TK kids, 18 of them, from 8:30 to 11:50! 

Looks like there's no stop on the new variant, we are all gonna have it once at least. In fact, I already know so many of our friends had it, just like a cold and got done with.... 

So lucky that we are all fully vaccinated right in time to face the Omicron.... 

Omicron 爆發,倆孩子班上都有檢測呈阳性的個人,但學校繼續開課。如果孩子打了兩針疫苗就可照常去學校,建議做檢測但不要求。

Omicron 根本擋不住,非常瘋狂地猛烈爆發。其實已經有非常多朋友得了,像小感冒一樣沒啥感覺就過去了,因為大家都及時打了加強針。

感覺很幸運,之前一輪的疫苗剛好來應對變異株。










附件





Jan 6th, 2022

Took my daughter to get a PCR test, both of us did, I as staff, 1:30pm only 15 min wait, 10 people ahead of us. 

Took my son for the test, 4:30 to 5:15pm wait, long long line.... felt like each grade had some kids coming for test. 

The horse riding coach said all of her students (all ages) received notice that "they are exposed in school"... What can we do now? Classes as usual... 

Since none of us felt any symptoms, still going to school tomorrow.... Feels like now this is the new normal: Omicron as cold....😅😅 

接到陽性接觸風險通知後,帶女兒去學區專設點做PCR。已來過無數次了,每次都沒啥人,全家老小一起檢測。這幾天因為學校感染多,和女兒在1點半時排了15分鐘隊,和兒子在4點半時排了45分鐘隊。現在只允許教職人員和學生檢測,我以教師身份也做了。結果一般24小時拿得到。

因為我們都無症狀,明天繼續上學。騎馬課教練說她所有的孩子,不同年齡段的都有,都接到了通知說班裡有陽性。能怎麼辦呢?繼續上課啊! 

看起來在 Omicron 來襲的新世界裡,把肺炎當成感冒,和肺炎共存已經成為了新的事實。





Jan 7th, 2022

A little less than half students showed up in my daughter's TK class, the same as my son's 1st grade. As I walked past all the classrooms, same everywhere, around half students remained. My daughter's teacher told me all the teachers she knew told her that there were positive cases in their classes. And we are so lucky to be living in a community where the vaccination rate is so high that schools can remain open. 

For the half students who decided to quarantine, some of them are trying to vaccinate fully, a lot of them can't come because there are babies less than 5 years old in the household who couldn't get vaccinations yet. 

I was asking around in the school office if the district had plans to close the schools? Not that anyone knew, but most people I met were looking forward to continuing the school year in person. 

One staff told me since the student testing center is for free, get the kids tested as often as possible to stay on top of it. For instance, her kids get tested every Friday. Very good suggestion indeed!  

[Later my son told me he heard one staff telling the students there were 160+ kids absent today at school, that's around 25% of all the students...] 

今早女兒班裡略少於半數孩子到堂,兒子班級亦是。路過各年級時瞄了一眼,都只有一半孩子。女兒老師說她認識的所有老師都說自己班裡有陽性。

很多孩子不來校,有因為疫苗沒打完的,有的家裡有小於五歲的寶寶目前沒有適合的疫苗。老師感嘆我們太幸運了,生活在疫苗率極高的社區,所以學校能保持開放。

在辦公室裡問工作人員,學區是否會停課?沒人知道。大多數遇到的老師都希望不要改成在線的,課就這麼上下去。

有個工作人員告訴我說,既然學區指定的PCR檢測點都是免費的,每週都去檢測一次,她自己的孩子每週五去做一個PCR檢測。這個建議不錯哈 😁 

【後來兒子說他聽工作人員講今天有 160 多個孩子沒來學校,這是學校學生總數的 25% 】






Jan 7th, 2022

On-site testing sounds great! The School district started this service in August 2021, never used it... Basically, if you sign your kid up, staff will come to the classroom and take the kid to a mobile testing site inside the campus, then send the kido back to the classroom. It's a PCR test, the result will be sent within 24-72 hours. I think it's every other week on Monday. From now I'm gonna sign my kids up whenever they are doing the test... 

校園內流動檢測點每兩週的週一有為孩子和老師做 PCR 檢測。其實這項服務從2021年8月就開始了,我們從沒用過。。如果你想,網上填個資料,週一時就會有人員去教室把孩子帶到臨時檢測點,刮完鼻子又送回教室。結果24-72小時發到父母郵箱。看起來從現在開始我每次都要讓他們在校園裡直接測了,省媽咪一點麻煩 🤣




No comments:

Post a Comment