Thursday, October 21, 2021

Without fall, without growth

Her 4th time falling from this big horse. 

Every time I couldn't help but scream a little. Especially today we were in an indoor arena due to rain, I saw clearly and got scared when the horse started panicking and jumping in the air. But I did resist the urge to run towards her and stayed where I was. I mean the coaches and friends at the arena advised me well on what I should and shouldn't do, and they helped her get back on the horse right away and praised the fabulous fall. 

Because "Good Fall!" "Now you are a True Cowgirl!" "Spit that dirt out!" plus nodding and clapping are what a child needs when he/she falls from a horse, instead of any encouragement for tears. 

If they see you reacting to it, they would start to overreact and might eventually develop fear and reluctance, they might forever give up on horse riding. 

Without fall, without growth, how simple it is, for everything in life.






No comments:

Post a Comment