Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Beginnings and endings

Went yesterday and today with Sandra to check out rental apartments. We just saw a very good one this noon. Sandra is going through the application process right away and hopefully she will get it and move in on Feb 1st. It's only 12 minutes of drive from my house. I had a good feeling standing inside the apartment. Getting emotional even. 

It's a one-bedroom but with spacious living and dining rooms. A two-car garage too, it's a huge bonus because Sandra could work on her cars. The house is not newly built but the interior is nicely designed and kept, and all kitchen wares are good-branded and high quality. Very different from yesterday's three-year-old ADU which was filled with cheap wares and not thoroughly cleaned. The owner must be a cheap person who uses the lowest quality materials on the ADU and hence is difficult to deal with.

I'm so happy that we went out and talked last Saturday. Within a mere few days, we're almost finalizing on apartment rental and J's parents will be here on Saturday to take him back to their home. I believe Sandra finally made up her mind after we talked and she right away acted on it. J is not going to understand what's going on, but Sandra is not giving him up just yet, she is only moving out by herself but will keep visiting him and helping him with all the necessary paperwork for social benefits. 

From Sandra met J via a dating app to their little civil marriage ceremony in San Francisco, to now this marriage is ending so Sandra can live again, I am proud of myself that I have stood by her side for all events. This is what friendship is about. For me, Sandra came from here to India to attend my wedding, she saw my two kids born and supported me through my early motherhood, I know no matter what happens, she will stand by my side too. If a person can have one or two people like this, it is a fulfilled life indeed. What more do you need?   

Life is so interesting, in a sense that you will never know what's going to happen the next moment, who you're going to meet, or part ways. Life is a never-ending process of endings and beginnings. If you pay enough attention, you will realize it's so very normal for people to come and go, some will even take your tears with them. But only the truly bonded and connected ones are there for you, through ups and downs, never to leave you in despair, but to wipe your tears, kiss your forehead, and protect you in their arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment