Thursday, January 25, 2024

Meeting in office

Prof didn't know I was going to Dharamshala last year or else I would be introduced to some great people there to meet. But meeting people in my office is amazing too! 

Just received three guests from India who are touring in America for collaborations. Prof in Boston so I was here to build the connection. One of them is a senior and wears a monk dress. You automatically feel the need to be so respectful in front of them. 

I always just see them from far away in the streets of Berkeley, or airports in India, or Dharamshala last year. I was watching them and trying to take it all in when we were in Dharamshala. There's too much history, too much pain, too much despair. There's warmth in it too, even hope. 

Hope, something I will never allow myself to let go of. I will create it, I will borrow it, I will fabricate it, I could even fake it. As long as I believe in it, I can harness my energy for them.   

I think I always want to be put into such settings - official meetings with them, either in groups or one-on-one. My first encounter, one on one. I was thrilled. But ya, I kept calm. We discussed a wide range of things and built strong connections too. 

Don't know why there's such a strong connection here for me. It's not because of the religion obviously, if you have to pin down religion into one or two figureheads, which is something I innately repulse. Maybe because of the potentially same root we shared? In my rootless drifting life, it is indeed something more significant than the others?  

Aren't we all drifting around in this rootless life, trying to find solace even meaning to it? If we are all victims who are robbed of our roots and knocked off the ground, we should just drift together then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment