Monday, October 7, 2024

Parents Are Here!!!

I work too fast. My prof must be very happy to see how much I can come up with, whenever I get time to work. Once I turn on my engine I'm all powered up, pages of pages getting done, a lot of them critical pieces that were well done and attracted quite a lot of attention recently. Prof was happy. 

I work so fast that I have to take breaks for my brain in between, cooling it down so it won't burn. Since Kitty Kitty (my daughter gave him the name) came to our house, I've been indulging in cat videos on social media. And they are the perfect breaks for me. I would laugh so hard watching them. 

For quite a few months, it was all that verification, vibe checking, chatting, and organizing online, what an experience, so much stuff I've seen and lived. Good life experience, but now I am over it, not going to be engaged in any of the activities that require pre-acquaintance, but on-spot parties are planned for the Halloween season! 

Then I spent quite some time helping Y set up stuff too, it was interesting from my side and quite a successful mission too. Not going to continue because I am not Y's nanny, Y should be able to do Yself if Y wants. 

Now suddenly, I am quite free with my hands and my parents came. Before they arrived, my time was still segmented by various chores, cooking, cleaning, arranging clothes, buying groceries, and sending kids to horse riding, fencing, and music lessons. I didn't find myself read or write properly. I just can't. If I don't have the leisure to be left alone for 5 hours straight, I won't be able to continue my novel writing. I did some work work but difficult to finish entire projects. That's why it's so much harder for young mothers to achieve anything in life, besides raising their children. 

But I am blessed with my parents, an army by itself. They literally took over all the chores in the house, including picking up kids and dropping them off for after-school lessons. 

Whenever I encounter sci-fi stories, I would think about my own story that I have been brewing in my consciousness. "My story is so unique! You don't see much from that angle, do you? Gosh, how I wish I get the chuck of time to write it out!" I'd always scream into my mind.  

Can I do it? Can I start back again in writing my sci-fi novel since now my parents are here for five months? I don't know. It requires a lot of self-discipline and time away from home. From now Mondays through Thursdays I can stay out and do my own things, hence I should portion my time on work work and writing. Maybe whenever I feel like writing, I should leave the office and go to a cafe in Berkeley. 

I'm just so thrilled that my parents are here to help! I finished so much work work today and read properly on the BART back home! Oh how much I love reading and writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment