Thursday, July 6, 2023

Program Think

Can't stop crying reading about them. Program Think has been my hero for more than a decade, the first self-help-anti-brainwashing articles I was lucky to encounter were his. He nourished the minds of a whole generation of Chinese. 😭😭 I pray for his and her safety. Hope one day we could meet inside a Free China 😭😭😭😭 https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/05/world/asia/china-dissident-blog-program-think.html

He stayed hidden and safe all those years, but CCP is too evil.... 

He often declared in his blogs like drafting a will: "If I didn't come and post on the designated time, there are only three possibilities: one, I'm sick, so sick that I am not able to write anymore; two, I am dead, a sudden death; three, I'm caught." After the blog suddenly stopped updating, millions of fans all over the world instantly realized that he was in trouble. For months, we had been speculating what happened to Program Think. Sometimes during gatherings, before getting into the usual "How'z life?", we inquired each other if anyone knew anything about Program Think. After I reconnected with my prof, one of the first questions I asked him was "Do you know anything?"

I had been feared that the first two possibilities happened and to my death I wouldn't know who Program Think truly was, what kind of a person he/she was. Now we know he was caught and for one good feeling out of all that anger and despair, is to finally know his true story. He has been and will always be the Chinese version of V for Vendetta for us desperate Chinese.

They are originally from Fujian, I'm feeling so proud that I am from the same province as them. Quanzhou is their birth city, next to Xiamen. I visited Quanzhou many times, a lot of my college friends came from there, extremely cute people with strong accent. After he was arrested, Ms. Bei came on Twitter to ask for help. She got international human rights lawyers to help him. One day she also went to Shanghai, somewhere outside the walls of the prison, she used a portable speaker to yell in Southern Fujian dialect, so loud she hoped people inside the prison walls could hear: "People in the world are worried about you and fighting for you. I got you great human rights lawyers. You stay alive and stay well!" Seemed like he heard what she broadcasted and in the following visit with the lawyers, he seemed peaceful and content, even sat with cross-legged. 

We all hope that thanks to his beloved wife now his real identity is uncovered and his huge huge international fame and influence, they won't electrical shock him and make him half dead.

On the other hand, Mr. Peng Zaizhou who put up that banner on Beijing Sitong bridge which inspired White Paper Revolution, he only did one thing and there has been no one outside representing him or saying anything about his well-being and whereabouts. Maybe CCP already made him half dead half crazy with torture, electrical shocks and forced drugs. 

These are the true heroes and warriors, Chinese have been fighting for freedom for more than a hundred years now. We have always fought, who said Chinese don't fight? It's just so unlucky that we couldn't succeed yet because CCP and communism is truly the worst evil human kind encountered, Russia hasn't gotten out of it as well. But one day, maybe one day, China could also be free. I will never give up that hope and stop my thoughts dreaming about it, because even a thought is a form of resistance and revolt. If we all could keep that thought alive, we will eventually achieve it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment