Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Rock n roll this season 🤘

Summer season just ended, we had a good show. Overall a great season. Being in a band, practicing and rehearsing every week really helped me with my mental happiness. Our group was relatively small this season, but only the most fun people stayed. We indeed spent a lot of time chatting after each rehearsal night, went several times to karaoke and bar, had tons of fun, and I got to really know most of them, and their family. You just feel so good to be with kind and caring people, even though you don't know them for years. 

My head is in the cloud most of the time and I am not familiar with all the joke or cultural references. But I caught all that I could and felt and laughed with them. Our group chat is active on daily basis, only showing genuine support and love for each other, and mostly, for fun. I withdraw if people in a group chat don't like each other and start fighting and talking nonsense. That happened before and I stayed silent throughout. You just know each other for two second, what is there to not like?

I truly feel that this current group of people, each individual is super awesome, capable of music obviously, but also secure, generous, kind, true, understanding and supportive. I love to be with adults who have figured out who they are and have the courage to stick to it. It shows in our music actually, our performance is fantastic. 

This season we rehearsed in a tiny class room because school's performance hall was under construction, it actually brought us closer together, literally, while we were face to face, rubbing shoulders and stepping on toes. 

At the last moment before the show, I suddenly realized that "Oh shit, I didn't practice performing my songs since the room was so jam-packed throughout the season!" But then I came up with some last-minute ideas and showed it on stage. What a confident natural performer! Proud of myself! 

Ideally, I would want one song that I could show off my piano hands, but "New Wave" don't have much of piano but mainly synth. I was happy with whatever assigned to me, just that I didn't even for once touch my piano at home, all of the keyboard practice was done during private lessons. I thought I was inspired to play more of piano, turned out I was just inspired to have a lot of fun... And singing practice happened wherever I existed, my kids, husband, sister-in-law, by the end of my show, they all could mug up the song lyrics, maybe our neighbors too. For last season, definitely the workers who came and did our house remodeling knew my songs well. 

I enjoyed all the 1 to 2 minutes of speaking time before my vocals. For this season, I had to somehow make it for Kamala, what I got to do, I will do. Luckily "99 Luftballons" was perfect for this purpose. People liked it, what can I say?

Talking about knowing what the song is about, I got assigned "Young Lust" for the new season. I was exclaiming, "Who assigned this song to me!?!" Then we joked about it in the group, I was gasping on the cheating-scene conversation at the end, they shared the MTV video to me. They were like, "Oh god, this song is perfect for you Momo! The music video is all explicit sex, drugs and rock and roll." "Ya right? Whoever chose this song for me must really know me, just saying..." I think my music directors are going to be so embarrassed by me. Well, explicit sex and rock and roll, yes, but I only do drinks, and in that, two would knock me out, no drugs, thank you very much, maybe just some LSD with nudity, lol. I think I have made too many explicit jokes with my mates by now, hahahaha!  

Rock On!









No comments:

Post a Comment